March 25, 2015

What Does Your TV Collection Look Like?
6:15 PM

What Does Your TV Collection Look Like?

Being a TV buff, one of my favorite past-times is amassing a pretty nice collection of my favorite TV shows on DVD and blu-ray. With some of my favorite shows coming to an end, a complete series box set comes with that. My collection is nowhere near perfect but I'm working towards getting all of my favorite shows on blu-ray (or DVD if blu-ray is unavailable). While streaming is great and all, there is nothing I love more than unboxing a new tv season set!

Take a look at my collection below:
  • Arrow – Season 1, 2
  • American Horror Story – Season 1
  • Bates Motel – Season 1
  • Being Human – Season 1, 2
  • Brooklyn Nine-Nine – Season 1
  • Community – Season 1, 2
  • Chuck – Seasons 1, 2, 3
  • Elementary – Season 1, 2
  • Dexter – Season 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
  • Dead Like Me – Complete Collection Box Set (2 seasons + Movie)
  • Friends – Season 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 (complete series)
  • Fringe – Complete Series Box Set (5 seasons)
  • Happy Endings – Season 1, 2
  • Heroes – Seasons 1, 2
  • The King of Queens – Season 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 (complete series)
  • The Office – Complete Series Box Set (9 seasons)
  • Orange Is the New Black – Season 1
  • Orphan Black – Season 1, 2
  • Parks and Recreation – Season 2, 3, 4, 6
  • Shameless – Season 1
  • Smallville Season 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
  • South Park – Season 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
  • Supernatural – Season 1, 2, 3
  • Weeds – Complete Series Box Set (8 seasons)
Not the biggest but I'm working my way there. Here's what my wishlist looks like.
  • American Horror Story - Season 2 (Asylum) and 3 (Coven)
  • Dexter - Complete Series Box Set on blu-ray. I currently own the first six seasons on DVD only.
  • Friends - Complete Series Box Set. While I own all 10 seasons on DVD, some are in pretty rough shape. Friends was the first show I ever bought on DVD and some of the discs and cases are over a decade old.
  • The King of Queens - Complete Series Box Set. Similar to Friends, a lot of my older DVDs are in poor quality and this box set is pretty cheap on Amazon.
  • Chuck - Complete Series Box Set on blu-ray. I only own the first 3 seasons on DVD.
  • Don't Trust the B In Apartment 23 - Complete Series
  • Happy Endings - Season 3. While never officially released onto DVD, Amazon offers a DVD-R copy of the final season.
  • Being Human - Complete Series Box Set. IF IT EVER GETS RELEASED! I've been tweeting the official Syfy account for months asking about it. The show ended over a year ago, it's time for a box set!
  • That 70s' Show - Complete Series. It's less than $30 on Amazon, which is a great deal. 
  • Parks & Recreation - Complete Series Box Set. It's going to be released this June. 
  • Shameless - Season 2, 3, 4 on blu-ray.
As you can see, I'm trying to transition my collection from DVD to blu-ray. I'm going to work on getting these over the next year or so.

So what does your TV-on-DVD collection look like?

Please like Television Culture on Facebook
(Photo Credit: Craig Allen)

0 comments:

Post a Comment