February 14, 2014

The CW announces early pick ups for 2014-15 season
12:16 AM

The CW announces early pick ups for 2014-15 season


The CW announced today renewals for five shows for the 2014-2015 network television season. The pick ups include: Supernatural for a 10th season, The Vampire Diaries for a 6th season, Arrow for a 3rd season, and freshmen dramas Reign and The Originals for a 2nd season. 

Network president Mark Pedowitz said of the renewals: “This season we’ve had great success with our new hit series The Originals paired with Supernatural, giving us our best Tuesday nights in years. The Vampire Diaries is #2 in its time period in the young adult demos, and with Arrow continuing to gain among young men, and Reign growing its time period, we now have strong nights on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I’m very pleased to announce early pickups for all five series, and let our fans know they’ll have more great drama to look forward to next season.”

Pick ups for Supernatural, Arrow, and The Vampire Diaries were imminent as they're the only thing keeping the number 5 network alive. Even so, I'm still very happy to see Arrow get another season as it's the only show on The CW that I watch regularly (I'm like three seasons behind on Supernatural). I recommend it to anyone who is a fan of action-adventure or comic-book based series. I know The CW has a stigma of... less than stellar quality, but Arrow is an exception. Or maybe I'm just blinded because I'm a DC fanboy? 

Speaking of, Arrow creators are developing spin-off series starring Barry Allen aka "The Flash" and I am so incredibly and embarrassingly excited for it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment